Parent and Carer Champions
Do you want to build your skills and knowledge while helping to keep children safe in your local community?
The Children’s Society is supporting a group of parents and carers to be trained up as Parent and Carer Champions to support other parents and carers whose children are going through difficult times.
Volunteer Parent and Carer Champions will receive support and training on a range of subjects including:
· Safeguarding children and adults
· Digital safeguarding
· Understanding child exploitation
· Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
· Challenging school exclusions
· Supporting a child who has been arrested
· Communication skills/difficult conversations
· Looking after your mental health
If you are interested in this opportunity please join us for a coffee morning on Wednesday 18th October at Edmonton Green Library to hear more about the programme and how to sign up. Drinks and refreshments will be provided.
Venue: Edmonton Green Library, Community Room 2
Time: 10am -12noon
Please click the link below to book your free space https://forms.office.com/e/CMXkGQw7Ds
Please enter some content for your news story here.