Public Exams Information
Summer 2020 Results Info for Students:
A Levels & L3 BTEC - Thursday 13th August 2020 - Hall at HW
Y13: 8:00am - 12:00noon
GCSEs - Thursday 20th August 2020 - Hall at HW
Y11: 8:00am - 12:00noon
This is what you will need to do, in order to collect your results in person on the day:
- Results will be distributed from the Hall from 8:00am. Please do not arrive on site before 7:45am
- There will be a strict one-way system in place; you must walk in through the top pedestrian gate (next to the grassy area) and exit via the usual pedestrian gate at the side of the old building. Staff will be in both areas to clarify directions for you.
- Students should follow Coronovirus (COVID-19): safer travel guidance for passengers when planning their travel to school.
- No cars will be allowed on site as parents cannot enter the site (unless they have a pre-arranged appointment) - so please do not drive right up to the gates as this will cause a bottle-neck due to the single road at the top of the school. We encourage you to walk or cycle where possible and not to socialise with each other in groups outside school.
- Once on site, you will be shown where to queue whilst adhering to current government guidance on social distancing. There will be hand sanitizing stations on entrance and exit.
- Once inside the main entrance, you will turn right to collect your results envelope. You will then walk through the screen doors into the main hall to meet with relevant members of staff - if Y13, they can discuss your next steps with you and if Y11, they will discuss your options of courses at ECSfG sixth form (if staying on) or your onward post-16 destination with you.
- Hoodies and school photos (if applicable) can be collected from the hall.
- If you do not come to school to pick up your results in person, they will be posted home at 1:00pm to the home address we have for you on our system. Unless you have made prior arrangements, we cannot give out results over the phone or via email on the day.
- If you are feeling unwell, displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or are self-isolating, you should not attend Results Day under any circumstances.
So that you fully understand the process of grading exams in the summer of 2020, please click here for a video guide from Ofqual, here for an infographic that explains the awarding process and here for more detailed guidance for students, parents and carers which Ofqual plans to supplement over the coming weeks.
More details about post-results will be available to all students in their envelopes on the actual day.
ONLY YOU CAN PICK UP YOUR RESULTS ENVELOPE - you cannot send a parent/friend to do this for you, unless you (not your parent/carer) have pre-arranged this with the Exams Office.
Do not phone the office on the day of your results or ask for your results via email - we will not be able to do either on results day.
New GCSE grading system
For more information on the new GCSE grading system:
|Warning to Candidates||03rd Sep 2019||Download|
|ECSfG Examinations and Appeals Procedures||02nd Sep 2019||Download|
|No Mobile Phones Poster||02nd Sep 2019||Download|
|Information for Candidates - Coursework||02nd Sep 2019||Download|
|Y11 Mock Timetable: Xmas 2019||26th Nov 2019||Download|
|Post Results Services FEES for Cands 2019.pdf||03rd Jul 2019||Download|
|JCQ Social Media from 1 Sept 2019||15th Oct 2019||Download|
|Information for candidates onscreen tests from 1 Sep 2019||15th Oct 2019||Download|
|Information for candidates written exams from 1 Sep 2019||15th Oct 2019||Download|
|Information for Candidates NEA from 1 Sep 2019||15th Oct 2019||Download|
|Information for Candidates from 1 Sep 2019||15th Oct 2019||Download|
|Information for candidates Privacy Notice from 1 Sep 2019||15th Oct 2019||Download|