Rapid Lateral Flow Testing Consent Form
Dear Parents and Carers,
You will be aware that the government has announced a programme of in-school testing for Covid-19. This is using the new, quicker Covid-19 tests known as “lateral flow tests.” The tests are not compulsory, but we do encourage you to take them. They are designed only for those without coronavirus symptoms. Anyone who is displaying coronavirus symptoms (a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a loss or change in your sense of smell or taste) should remain at home and apply for a Covid-19 test through the NHS here.
In order to support us with our planning for Covid-19 testing we are asking families to provide consent for their child to be involved in the testing programme.
To provide that consent please click here or click on the image below.
Please be aware the DfE and the NHS have advised us that “people who decline to participate in serial testing will follow the usual national guidelines and are legally obliged to self-isolate following contact with a positive case of Covid-19 according to the advice given to them by the NHS Test and Trace service”.
Click here for the DfE Privacy Notice that explains the Ownership of Personal Data.
Consent - For All Students (Under 16)
NHS Test and Trace consent form for COVID-19 testing
This common consent form has been designed for use by parents and carers of students
For Enfield County students - here is the text of the digital form above which must be completed by the parent or carer:
- I have had the opportunity to consider the information provided by Enfield County about the testing, ask questions and have had these answered satisfactorily (via firstname.lastname@example.org), based on the information presented.
- I have discussed the testing with my daughter and my daughter is happy to participate. If on the day of testing she does not wish to take part, then she will not be made to do so and consent can be withdrawn at any time ahead of the test.
- I consent to my daughter having a nose and throat swab for a lateral flow test.
- I consent that my daughters sample(s) will be tested for the presence of COVID-19.
- I understand that if my daughter's results are negative on the lateral flow test I will not be contacted by Enfield County except where they are a close contact of a confirmed positive.
- I agree that if my daughter's test results are confirmed to be positive from the lateral flow test, she will need to return home as soon as possible and I understand that my daughter will be required to self-isolate following public health advice.
Please circle YES/ NO if you agree to all of the above. Signature________________________________
If you have missed the consent form deadline, copy and paste the above text to consent or decline. Then please click here to email consent. Make sure you include your daughters name and form.
If you still require additional information regarding rapid testing, please go to the Contact Us page for your enquiry.